Thursday 30 March 2017

Stranded Podcast - Episode 40 - Making Swoat happen



Intro: Apologies for the technical issues in last week's episode. 

We're nearly at 1000 members in the ravelry group

What am I wearing?: I'm wearing my finished and blocked Pavement Sweater by Veera Välimäki out of Malabrigo Sock in the 'Piedras' colourway. 

WIPs: I've worked on the first sleeve of the Second Grace sweater by Bristol Ivy out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes

I've put a few inches on my cuff down vanilla socks out of Stranded Dyeworks Paradise MCN in the 'Koi' colourway.

I have also started work on the Penguono by Stephen West. This has eaten ALL my knitting time. I'm obsessed. You can find the yarn I've used so far by clicking through to the project page.

KAL: I talk about the BritKnit Kal - A knitalong using yarn from the United Kingdom - England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. The KAL will start on April 1st, use the hashtag #britknitkal on instagram so I can see what you're working on! 

New prizes for the KAL have arrived: 

BirdStreetUK sent a gorgeous biscuit print project bag with a matching needle cozy. 

OceanKreations sent a skein of sock yarn in her 'Reggae, Reggae, Reggaaeeyy' colourway. 

Rachel sent two beautiful hand painted cards from her shop McGlone's Mclovelies.

LoveBug's Yarns sent two gorgeous skeins of sock yarn in 'Graffiti' and 'Canteloupe'. 

Kate of Hand Dyed by Kate sent two sock sets - one in 'Lawn Flamingo' and one in 'Watermelons'. Kate is also having a special EASTER update on Monday April 3rd at 8pm BST- with YARN FILLED Easter Eggs! 


Stash Enhancement: 
Stray Cat Sock Yarn in Audrey and Maisie.  
Woolberry Fiber Co sock blank in 'Pressed Eucalyptus'.


Stranded Dyeworks is having a trunk show at Alterknit Universe on April 28th-29th as part of North Somerset Arts Week

Shop Update: This week's shop update will be on Friday March 31st at 7pm GMT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment