Friday 12 August 2016

Stranded Podcast - Episode 14



Intro - I'm still filming with my new camera - it's a bit hit and miss but there you go!

Knitting - The only active work in progress I have is the Quicksilver shawl by Melanie Berg, which is being knit out of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis fingering weight in the colourways 'Party Dress', 'Spook' and 'Highway Code'.

Finished Objects - I have finished my Treeline socks by Hey Lady Hey. These are out of a OOAK skein of Voolenvine Yarns on her Footsie base.

I have also finished my Mira Sweater by Justyna Lorkowska. This is out of Stranded Dyeworks Oasis in the 'Magpie' colourway. The ends still need weaving in and it needs blocking...

Spinning - I finished spinning the handdyed orange Polwarth that I was working on last week. It's a 2ply 173m.

I experimented with spinning some single ply yarn - we think it was Corriedale fibre - that I was gifted by a good friend of mine.

I spun a braid of merino from Shunklies - which is a seriously ropey overspun 2ply - entirely down to the fact that I was having driveband issues with my wheel - which I have now solved! This is 141m for stash dash!

I also spun a braid of BFL from Artists Palette Yarns in the 'Creek' colourway.

Dyeing - I have a brand new colourway in the shop - Scuba is a tropical turquoise colour that is currently in stock on all of my fingering weight bases. I also restocked some other colourways - you can find them all in my Stranded Dyeworks etsy shop.

Stash Enhancement - This week I show my yarn haul from the fabulous Haus of Yarn in Nashville TN. I purchased the following things...

The S/S issue of ami isu magazine.
A sweater quantity (which is five skeins for me, to be on the safe side) of Malabrigo Sock in the 'Piedras' colourway.
Mrs Crosby Satchel in the Peacock blue colourway - which was a gift for my mother.
Sweet Georgia Worsted in the colourway 'Basil'.
Plymouth Yarns Happy Feet in the colourway 'Lipstick'.


No comments:

Post a Comment