Thursday 23 March 2017

Stranded Podcast - Episode 39


Intro: Some things I mention - Next week - March 31st I'm having an international friendly shop update at 7pm BST - British Summer Time. 

I've declared an amnesty on last week's shownotes. 

I am still NOT TAKING CUSTOM ORDERS. 

What am I wearing?: I am wearing my Pomme de Pin Cardigan by Amy Christoffers, knit out of Madeline Tosh Pashmina in a nice grey that I can't remember the name of! 

FO's: My Pavement Sweater by Veera Välimäki out of Malabrigo Sock in the 'Piedras' colourway is done! It needs blocking but the knitting is finished and the ends have been woven in.

WIPs: I've worked a little on my Norah George socks - these are Ann Budd's Go To Sock pattern and they're being knit out of the Time Turner colourway from Norah George. 

I cast on the Vertices Unite Shawl by Stephen West and I pulled it off my needles because it is HIDEOUS.

I have also swatched and started work on the Second Grace sweater by Bristol Ivy out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes

Questions: I talk about knitting on a budget. 

KAL: I talk about the BritKnit Kal - A knitalong using yarn from the United Kingdom - England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. The KAL will start on April 1st.

Stash Enhancement: 
I bought pom poms from here.
I share a skein of Yarny Love in the 'Nebula' colourway. 
London House Yarns in the 'Honeydukes' colourway.
I also bought yarn from WishKnitsUK - in 'Freesia', 'Chevy' and 'Holi'. Abi from WishKnits was generous enough to donate a skein for the KAL as well as a bracelet from her WishKnots etsy shop.

Fiona from Crafternoon Creation sent a gorgeous project back for a KAL prize, as well as one for me - which is super sweet of her! 

Finally, I did a swap with Emma of Eldenwood Craft - and Emma sent me a beautiful bag and an identical bag for a KAL prize! 

Shop Update: This week's shop update will be on Friday March 24th at 10am GMT. 

1 comment: