Sunday 16 August 2015

Stash Dash 2015 Finish Line

Stranded Blog Stash Dash 2015 Knitting Spinning
So Stash Dash finished for another year on Friday - and if you follow me on instagram then you saw my slightly panicked posts in the run up to Friday as to whether or not I'd get my last three WIPs finished. This in itself was slightly ridiculous because I was already well over my 5km goal - but I do love a challenge and I was adamant I wasn't going to finish with more projects on the needles (or bobbins) than I started with! I stuck to a very tight knitting schedule last week, but everything got done in time!
Stranded Blog Stash Dash 2015 Knitting Spinning
In the weeks between May 22nd and August 14th, I finished: 1 adult cardigan, 2 adult hats, 8 baby hats, 11 pairs of socks and spun (and plied) over 2,250m of yarn. I ended up with 7460.5m of yarn under my belt and I'm ridiculously pleased. If you're interested in the details of the projects I finished - you can find them here.

I still have a couple of projects on the needles - a shawl that needs to be frogged and another that has around 400m of knitting left on it, but I knit through a lot of the yarn that I've been hoarding - which is a great excuse to buy more, I think ;) I'm currently in that happy place where I've finished a lot of projects and am free to cast on whatever I want! So expect to see a handful of new projects in Friday's post...

I can't wait for next year's dash - I'm going to aim for 10km I think - go big or go home! In the meantime, I think I need a new arbitrary goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment