Wednesday 12 August 2015

Technological Hitches...

Things might be a little more sporadic around here than I'd usually like - my (very old and temperamental) MacBook Pro decided that right after I'd spent a tonne of money on a new spinning wheel, was a good time to die on me. I'm lucky enough to have an iMac desk top - upon which I'm typing this now, but it hasn't got any photo editing software, and the majority of my files are stored on my MacBook. 

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with it - only that it turns on but won't start up, so I'm going to make an appointment to take it to the geniuses at the local Apple store (which -silver lining- happens to be near a knitting shop I really want to visit!) and get them to do a post mortem on it - but I feel will end with me dropping another large amount of money on a shiny new computer. Luckily I have rainy day money for this purpose - although I was get a big hit of guilt when I dip into it! 

Anyway. I need to decide what to do about my editing software situation - I'm a photoshop girl through and through, and maybe it's time to suck it up and renew my creative cloud subscription - but that's neither here nor there. I should hopefully have sorted something out in time to post my regular fibre recap on Friday, but if it's late - then I'm blaming technical difficulties!*

Obviously the thing I'm most annoyed about is how much of my yarn funds this how debacle is going to cost me! But hey ho. I guess I have enough to last me a little while yet ;)


*one of which is, I don't have a desk at my parents house - my iMac is on a shelving unit as there's not enough space, so I usually just use it for netflix viewing. I'm currently typing this with the keyboard on my lap and it's not ideal! Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment