Sunday 22 November 2015

FO and Tell - Hitchhiker

I've just noticed that I haven't written a FO and Tell post since August - which isn't because I haven't finished anything, but because I haven't finished anything that I consider to be worthy enough to warrant it's own post! Anyway, without further ado...
FO and Tell Stranded Blog Handspun Yarn Hitchhiker Shawl Martina Behm
I have finished and blocked my Hitchhiker Shawl by Martina Behm! This is knit out of my handspun yarn - a 2ply yarn using fibre from Play Sweet Music and Little Owl Crafts. It's a fingering weight yarn and I love the how the colours stripe throughout.
FO and Tell Stranded Blog Handspun Yarn Hitchhiker Shawl Martina Behm FO and Tell Stranded Blog Handspun Yarn Hitchhiker Shawl Martina Behm
Modelled as usual by my obliging 'DON'T GET MY FACE IN THE PHOTO AMY!' mother, on a very chilly November morning. The shawl has 49 points - which is a few more than in Martina's version of the pattern, but I had a lot of extra yardage. I was originally going to knit until the yarn ran out, but I got slightly sick of garter stitch! Still, it's a good size shawlette - and perfect for keeping the cold air out of the collar of your winter coat!
FO and Tell Stranded Blog Handspun Yarn Hitchhiker Shawl Martina Behm
This is the eleventh project knit up out of my handspun yarn - smashing my goal of 10 projects out of handspun yarn in 2015! I'm not sure if I'll be making the same goal next year, as I have others in mind, but I have definitely fallen in love with knitting with handspun, so I'm sure I'll keep it up regardless!

Have you finished anything big recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment