Wednesday 24 June 2015

FO and Tell: Old Romance Cardigan

Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli
 I wanted to share a few more photos of my finished Old Romance cardigan, which is a pattern by Joji Locatelli and I used Madeline Tosh Sock in the 'Moorland' colourway. We went to the beach to photograph - the beach is my favourite place for knitwear photos, and I'd intended to model it myself, as I knit it for my measurements, but I'm a control freak when it comes to photography - so a big thankyou to my mum, who hates photographs of herself, for stepping in!
Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli
 I followed the modifications that ittybitty used for cardigan, titled 'Modern Romance'. I eliminated the contrast colour for the lace panels - as I knew I'd get more wear out of a single coloured garment, and I replaced the picot edging on the lace with stockinette stitch. I also neglected to add ribbing to the cuffs as the sleeves were more than long enough without it.
Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli
I love this cardigan, it's probably the garment that I'm most pleased with to date. The construction was really interesting and there wasn't any seaming involved either - but a fair amount of kitchener stitch, which I find quite satisfying, even if it is a bit tedious!
 It's designed to be worn with 10-12 inches of positive ease, which means knitting an enormous swathe of stockinette, but results in incredible drape. I wear a UK size 16 on top and knit a size Large and I'm really happy with the fit. I shared this photo of me wearing it in a Fibre Friday post a couple of weeks back....
Stranded Knitting Blog Old Romance Cardigan Joji Locatelli
I will definitely be getting a lot of wear out of this cardigan! And I think I'll be knitting more of Joji's patterns in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment