Sunday 31 May 2015

Stash Dash 2015... and we're off!

Stranded Blog Stash Dash Knitting Spinning
I thought I'd document my Stash Dash progress here on the blog, as well as on ravelry. It's not quite two weeks since the beginning of the 2015 Dash and I think I've made a pretty good start on my goal of 5km. I've finished four things (actually, five - but that's blocking and I'll talk about it another time), two of which were WIPs prior to the start of Stash Dash and the other two have been cast on since.

Trekking Rainbow Socks - 242m (started prior)
Easy Peasy Newborn Hat - 71m
3ply BFL Cashmere Nylon yarn - 370m (started prior)
Hermione's Everyday Socks - 229m

That's a total of 912m so far - and I'm pretty pleased with that! I'm especially glad to have got that BFL/C/N off the wheel - it's a shame I can't count the singles towards my goal as that would've been way over 1km right there! But hey ho - onwards and upwards. I have another braid on the wheel and another sock on the needles. Must keep knitting... Have I ever mentioned that I thrive on arbitrary goals and deadlines? It probably goes without saying ;) Anyway. I'm off to sit at my wheel, fill up a bobbin and rewatch the second series of Silk on Netflix (and pretend I'm Martha Costello, but that really does go without saying!).

No comments:

Post a Comment